- New Channel Brings Classic Film to Broadcast TV
- TCM 20th Anniversary Video
- Update: Roll ‘em! TCM’s Bus Tour Goes Hollywood
- The Good, the Bad and the Stretched
- Update #11: Spend a Night in CASABLANCA with TCM on March 4
- Return to Walton’s Mountain
- Remembering Shirley Temple (1928-2014)
- Take a Look, I’m In a Book!
- UPDATE #2: You Pick the Cities for TCM’s Nationwide Screenings of CASABLANCA
- Esther Williams – The Wonder Woman of the 1950s
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Pre-Code Film
The cinematic celebration of 1933 – “Hollywood’s naughtiest, bawdiest year!” – continues at New York City’s Film Forum on Monday, February 25 with Cartoon Cut-ups of 1933, a collection of rare animated shorts released by RKO, Columbia, MGM, Warner Bros., … Continue reading
In the spring of 1992, the city of Scranton paid tribute to a kindly old musician who had relocated from Manhattan in the late 1950s. Sadly, it turned out to be a requiem. A few months later, Sammy Timberg was … Continue reading
“Black & white movies are so boring and fake,” a co-worker once said to me, with an accompanying look of disgust usually afforded to those who belch audibly in public places. In my younger days, I might have taken the … Continue reading
No explanation offered, or required.