- Screening Report: CLEOPATRA’s 50th Anniversary – Mummified on Arrival
- Rarely Seen Jack Benny Film Makes DVD Debut
- Update #2: 10 Things I Learned at the TCM Classic Film Festival
- Screening Report: THE KID (1921) at Film Forum + Chaplin Look-Alike Contest
- Happy Birthday, Robert Osborne – Live from the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival!
- Screening Report: The 1933 Pre-Code Festival
- Update: Bill Hader Returning for Third Season of “TCM Essentials Jr.”
- Henry Koster’s FRAULEIN (1958)
- UPDATE #4: My Obsessive-Compulsive Guide to the TCM Classic Film Festival
- Screening Report: FOXY – THE COMPLETE PAM GRIER at the Film Society of Lincoln Center
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Update #6: Monday 10/1/12 4:30 p.m. (EDT) Beginning tonight, Robert Osborne resumes his role as primetime host of Turner Classic Movies, following an on-air hiatus that began on August 30. As previously reported by New York Post film critic Lou Lumenick, … Continue reading
No explanation offered, or required.
Trivia question: what was the first comedy series to feature a hot-tempered, Latin-born musical performer who mangled the English language and launched into paroxysms of invective en Espanol when angered by a Caucasian spouse? If you said I Love Lucy, … Continue reading
Phyllis Diller was a pioneer in the art of stand-up comedy. Beginning on radio in the early 1950s and moving to clubs mid-decade, Diller played rooms that had literally never featured a female unless she was taking off her clothes. … Continue reading
For more than 80 years, WINGS was considered the only silent film to have won an Academy Award for Best Picture. It now shares that distinction with THE ARTIST, a fact which irks many fans of silent cinema who don’t … Continue reading